Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Friday, April 2, 2010

Its all in a week







So here is the events of March 27 to April 2

Mar 27--Kate Becca Gabby and Brook make their annual trek to the Color Festival. I traditionally make chicken legs with wingers sauce, for when they get home. They eat alot of legs. I do alot of laundry.

Mar 27-- Taylor finds a job!! Ya working for us cleaning leveling and building in the side yard. He did an awesome job so far. Square foot gardening here we come.

Mar 28-- Shawn invites Brad Wilcox to speak at his ward. It turns into a stake fireside. Phenomenal. After all we ( you and Jesus) can do we ( you and me) are saved by the grace of God. Heavenly Father is pleased with every good choice no matter how small, he isnt waiting for us to get it just right to be delighted in us.

Mar 29-- Gabby home sick day 4!! We spend 4 1/2 hours at the Dr. nothing on the x-ray or in any test. Ginger says we have a history of stomach problems on moms side of the family.

Mar 29-- American Idol and Easter shopping what a great night
Mar 30-- Finn has officially eaten all the pillows on the couch and both of gabbys pair of flip flops!! She wants him gone NOW

Mar 31-- Gabby is laying on the couch with Finn I guess he can stay. I bath both dogs for the 3rd time this week. I love the spring mud.
April 1-- Taylor texts he is in a car wreck. I call to chew him out. Some jokes are not funny. Telling Gabby I was pregnant and she would need to share her room (Now thats funny.) He was not kidding. We drive to Josh's house big scrape down the side of one of those 15 passanger vans and Tays Bumper is completely off. He is very dejected. No need to say one word. His dad just hugged him and I made him a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich. He couldnt do his homework or eat. To upset. Im so greatful for insurance I sure hate my premium$$$.

April 2---Shawn and I are going to the temple I hope we can make it to Manti. I call Amy for creative Easter dinner ideas. She is making spring rolls and wontons. YUMO I buy a ham and stuff for funeral potatoes.

7 comments:

Ging said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ging said...

Amen to the name of this post.
Wonderful news about Brad Wilcox. I am so impressed that you encourage paint and barbecue sauce in the same room.
Now on to the sympathy you deserve and have so well earned.. Remind me again why you are keeping the Finster?
I am SO sorry Tay. That first wreck is a heart-breaker.We've all (unfortunately) been there. And, I am glad you've gotten a job. But are they paying you? tee hee.
I hope Gab is now completely healed- no inherited diseases of any kind.

Amy said...

What a week. And you handle it all with such ease. right? Sorry about the car wreck- poor Goalie Rowley. It happens. Can't wait to see that side yard.

Britney said...

I wouldn't be sad if next time you head to Manti you invite me, I've still never made it there and would love to! Actually...next time festival of colors (I've never been) or a great speaker like Brad Wilcox gives a fireside I wouldn't be sad to tag along either :) hehe...basically I wish I had been a part of your whole week! Sounds like fun. Happy Easter!

Britney said...

Hmmm...after reading Ginger's post I realize I only commented on the more upbeat aspects of this post. A history of odd and unexplained stomach problems in the family would make so much sense in my life! Also, I've still never experienced my first car wreck and am happy to say so but frightened as Ginger makes it seem to be a natural part of life that will one day creep up on the best of us...I'll cross my fingers and knock on wood and keep saying thanks in my prayers that we've never had anything too tragic happen yet and Tay is okay.

Em said...

I know so many people that attend the Festival of Colors. Do you know you can see it from Shawn's parents house? I suppose you can almost see it from yours huh? Sometimes I still imagine you live in the yellow house next to the big park. And the twins still share a room. haha. Tay looks so old, I'm glad he's got work in his life its good for ya. I'm sorry about his accident? A first? I want to eat some "feel good" meals at your house Ter.

Em said...

And I love pillow-eating Finn. Though washing 2 dogs 3 times a week, might make me love cats. :)