Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Friday, April 16, 2010

April

What a wonderful month. Certainly a very poignant month for me. A holiday that comes with its own accoutrements. The earth breaking free of its slumber in beautiful renewal. Its such a poignant reminder to me that I have to wake up and shake off that which is tired and supressing who I can be. I love the whole presentation of Easter.





Spring Break! Kids all home sleeping in I love the noise in the house. I took Gabber shopping with me one day and she has wanted to stop at a dessert only resteraunt called Chocolate. She had two of the most decadently delightful treats. It was fun just to watch her and sit and chat. Its a great week with low to zero expectations.





I also love the 1oth of April. Another day of great blessing for me and mine. A spouses birthday is like having your own. You share their dinner out eat their favorite cake ( or bread pudding) and often their presents become joint propert. Besides Shawn is such a gift in and of himself for me . What an extraordinary day April 10 1965 would become in my life.



April is also Lacrosse season in full swing. All the labors of months of drills running bruises and sprains become evident. This is the big payoff year for a fledgeling team created 3 years ago. The black and red have dominated the field but for one game. I love sitting wrapped in a blanketyelling terms I barely inderstand. "Check him!" " " Keep him out of the crease, out of the dirt, out of the box Rowley" It is crazy fast paced fun we all love to watch the Warriors.






April 17th is another day of consequence in my life. I remember so much about the day. I was 17 years old loaded up in a car full of little girls headed to the Idaho Falls Temple. I waited in a room down stairs in the temple with some attentive temple matrons who read to my sisters and kept them happy. My joy came shortly as we crowded around the two most essential adults in my life. Joined by the flesh of our hands and sealed forever as a family, threw a labor of love and a power beyond my ability to fully comprehend. I knew it was a day that had been fought for. Earnestly, repentent, hopeful, with all they held dear. My parents claimed me forever. Im so thankful for all they have been willing to change or to create anew to keep us pointed towards a brighter day.















7 comments:

Molly Thorne said...

It sounds like you had a good spring break.I was only two when that happened but it is my earliest memory. I remember being brought to Ging, Wen, and you, I must have wanted someone familiar.

Amy said...

I love your new format. Simple everyday things that bring you joy and fill your life. I remember that day in the temple too, although I was small. I felt the importance of it.

Jen said...

YOu have a gift for writing Ter! Thanks for sharing! I was 5 and I remember it very well! Also my earliest memory!

Unknown said...

Beautiful post - thanks for sharing.

Bonnie Anderson said...

President Fause said;"Children are proof that God Loves you"We couldn't be more blessed. Our children have been an inspiration for us in the beginning, and have since been an example as well.Dad

Ging said...

You have expressed so well the sentiments of my own heart. It has been a deeply moving month. I look forward to all that Spring brings. That day in the temple is one of my most poignant memories. I have since been twice blessed to kneel around the altar with my children & refresh that memory still.
I love that Dad saved his first comment for this particular blog. It says so much.

Jen said...

Wow, a comment from Dad! That made my day! I love those parents of ours!