Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Things I LIKE to obsess about.

2 years ago I sat with Jen at a doctors appointment. I looked through a magazine and saw a decorated wall I thought was just to my liking. Ever since I have been on a quest to find these pictures. 2 years I have searched bird art from the 1700's in Sweden. I found them on a european E-Bay. No comprendo the euro or the language. I did find another poor woman who was blogging looking for the same art. Maybe someday I will find this artwork. Or maybe an artful sister could give me a bid.



Likewise I have been designing a bathroom vanity for 3 months. Mind you I promised I could do an entire bathroom for $2,000 dollars when we got our tax money. Thats not a big budget but Im determined so here are some of my ideas. I do love that grey bathroom ever so much.





Im also overthinking what to cook for Bunco next week, how to do food assignments for the family reunion, Should I hire Stanley Steamer or a cheaper carpet guy. I actually like this incesant thought process. Please feel free to contribute recipes for bunco, ideas for deviding food assignments, vanities you like and of course where to find Oloffs bird art. As well I take no offense to the fact Im a bit of a control freak everything has to be just right in my head before its done in real life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mrs. Rowley - I know of a company that sells lots of similar bird prints to the ones you are looking at - but not those exact ones. For what it's worth...


And, would you like to be a contributor on The Marriage Garden?

And, I hope to someday have it listed on your blog...

And, that's it. For now.

(Word verification: honga)

Jen said...

Ter, you still lookin for those birds. I love those vanitys that look like furniture. Want my lemon , cream cheese pound cake for bunco? You should make Amy's reciepe of Teriyaki beef - It's soooooooo easy and just so delicious that you can't believe you actually made it. Really! I wanna make dinner for the family reunion. Does that help?

Amy said...

I can paint you some bird art.
No, really I can.
And you can hang it in your front room and it will give you a good laugh when things are rough.
I love your bathroom ideas- good luck with that.
Please contribute to the Marriage Blog, because you've got mad skills. I should be on a dinner at the family reunion and if there are leftover meals I say everyone contributes part to the meal?
The End.

Molly Thorne said...

We do have the same taste. We have noticed it before but the bathrooms are more proof. I would like a lunch. I have never had one and it seems it might be the easiest with the babies. I agree with Amy and think if there are more meals to cook we all do a little part. I was thinking that we all make a one pan, bowl, skillet, whatever dish big enough for our own family and we can try others and get ideas to take home. kinda like being at Chuck -a- Rama. Just an idea