Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The first Day of School











Gabber went back to American Leadership Academy on Aug 18. She made the volley ball team. She is taking Geometry, Military History, and a Debate class she is excited about. School lunch yesterday was a very watery bean burrito with some alien meat in it. She intends to never be tortured again by school lunch. Her bus stop is 5 blocks away and when she leaves 5 minutes before it arrives I ask how thats gonna work out for her and she said" Ive gotten pretty good at running for the bus" So begins another year of high anxiety as they both tinker around the house until the bell is nearly ringing in my ear and I practice not reacting but making a plan of action. Like "bedtime at 8:00 if your late."

Taylor I mean Shawn has transferred to Spanish Fork High he needs a handful of courses to graduate. He wanted to be where the Lacrosse team friends were and we conceded. He will be done in Dec. Becca cut his hair and we bought some spiffy clothes that talk about the gang on his street with big bird on them or Dr Seuss stating the Dr. is in the house. This morning he tried to leave for picture day in a shirt that said game over with a bride and groom on it. He drives "the chalk board" leaking a pint of oil a day, to school He ate no school lunch but went to Carls Junior and had 3 dollars worth of spicy chicken sandwichs. He has welding, advanced wood working, auto body, english and more english. His back to school blessing spoke of a faraway people and language in his future he should prepare for. I did not yell out in the middle of it. I constrained myself since I have taught him to make tuna sandwichs and have prepared myself for his Colorado Mission, ( it works best for my psyche). Kate gets home Monday after touring New York and Washington DC when I talk to her she is horse from camp cheers and crying alot because camp is over . Becca has the opportunity to work as a personal trainer for both golds gym and the Orem Rec center and to help with the Timpview track team. Shawn starts micro biology today. Im walking the dogs at a quicker pace than usual because we have to walk a looooong time before we can run. And so it goes...and so it goes....

5 comments:

Jen said...

And All is well! Thanks for sharing! Love you!

Amy said...

Your kids have some cool classes. I'll bet Kate is excited to see her family again and what an awesome opportunity for Becca. Just keep eating that elephant one bite at a time! Wohoo!

JP Anderson said...

"The only thing to ever sit it's way to success was a hen." Keep on walkin!

shawn rowley said...

love you and all you do.

Em said...

fantastic update. I am proud of you all and happy to hear what is going on. suppose I should update my blog sometime tooo..perhaps