Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Friday, August 6, 2010

Just a day in our life




So its Friday. My day off that means I get to be home and do what moms do.


Sweep, dust, laundry, water garden.Text Kate on her day off. She tells me she will be home for my Birthday and wants to work with special needs kids for a year in a foreign country. I help the noodle by quickly washing camp fire smoked clothing and then sit down with Tay to write a hypothesis for his research paper. Taylor is finishing up an assignment for a UVU Sociology class. It will save him a credit for his one semester fun packed senior year.




Its not lost on me that my children are speeding through life. Particularly today as Ginger is speeding through Salt Lake construction to pick up her missionary. What a long 2 years for a mom, she must be beyond elation to get Iker home safe and having successfully accomplished all he sat out to do .

So I guess I cleaned up the computer desk and "accidentally" disgarded an important log in number for UVU. Tay had to dig in the garbage to locate it and this is the quote he gives me.

" Dont you be waiting for me to leave on a mission so you can clean my room . I dont want to come home and find out you threw a way my pokeman cards. Those things are gonna be worth bank someday."


Oh man I love being home with my kids. Now Gabby's chasing Taylor around the house because he is eatting her giant marshmellows and she didnt say he could. She did just offer to pay for the third year of his mission. Does it get any better.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your Fridays sound....perfect.

Savanna Landrum said...

HAHAHA what a little sister comment! Third year :)Just you wait little Gabbers, you'll pay that much for him to come back a year early.