Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Savanna Lynn Luker July 31 2010




































This one goes out to the girl who shares my name and love of brownies. What a wonderful day! The temple was lovely and placid inside except for Brit who was late late late for a very important date and certain she looked as frazzled as she felt. As usual she was beautiful and should not have been so worried.

The sealer had many things to teach and I just sat across from your father wondering what was going through his mind as he sat their watching you and glancing frequently at your mother.



It was such a warm day and the buzz outside was almost like paparazzi trying to get a picture of you. Becca had 3 inch heels and a pencil skirt on. She a was sweating like crazy from chasing children in a park on a 95 degree day. Bless the hearts of all those who watched little people whywe were inside.

Then we stopped at snowville only to run into you. I cant believe you had to eat greasy lamp heated food out of a deli case on on your wedding day. It made me laugh. Shawn said we did the same thing.

The reception was homemade with love, every bit from flowers to cupcakes gazebos to your music playlist. Every effort was personal for you. I called to talk to what I expected to be your frazzled mother the day before. All I got was serene and happy. She was looking forward to doing all of it for you and sharing with you how pleased she was in your choices.


I loved the puppies crawling on little boys in ties, and children playing in the calvert ditch. I loved the whipped cream frosting that was on my knuckles all night, I loved that Molly ordered pizza and ate it with her kids on the front lawn, I loved the warmth I felt by being there with so many people who cared for one another. I loved seeing Glena Turner and the Green's people dear to my heart. I loved when I left the kitchen just long enough to hug you and I told your new husband that" He got the pick of the litter". I wanted to kick myself 1/3 of a second after I said it. Your not a dog and your sisters are as fine and wonderful as any could be. I just wanted him to know what a catch , a gem, apple of my eye, the sweet thing that you are. I think he got it. I hope he always gets it.

I love you Bana thanks for sharing your wonderful wedding with us.

3 comments:

Savanna Landrum said...

Oh goodness! Make me cry dear auntie?! I was named after the best of the best...or should I say pick of the litter? Love you!

Jen said...

OH Savanna you really were named after the pick of the litter. I mean it ! I love you and your Auntie Terri too! It really was a very very wonderful day. Probably my number one trip of the summer! Love you Ter - see you tomorrow!

Em said...

You said it so well. Ter, you are everywhere and see everything. My all omnipotent and sweet sister. I wish I couldv'e been camping with you this weekend.