Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Friday, September 10, 2010

Week long Party



So its official Im 46years of wisdom now. That must be a big deal cause I got a week long party. On the 30th my husband put together a very SWEET surprise party. Lots of family and friends. Favorite cupcakes and pizza and a pretty pleased Shawn that he pulled off this giant surprise.I had no idea apparent by the fact I had not showered or dressed for the day beyond my dog walking clothes and ponytail. Thanks to Mom and Dad, Ginger and Amy and their sweet families, the very busy students John and Felicia, and my friend Stacey and her kids for coming. It was so thoughtful and loving.


That night at 10:45 we went to pick Kate up from the airport she had been gone for 70 days. Becca bolted from the car before we were parked and Gab abd Tay were hot on her heels. Shawn and I stayed with the car at the curb. Here she comes I can here her beforew I see her. over and over yelling " Happy Birthday mommy Im home" That was a wonderful gift.


Tuesday was actually my Birthday and most of the day was spent in traffic headed to the John Mayer concert and retrieving Gab from Tooele to go with us. It was a girls day and we had a blast singing and dancing the entire concert. John should sing and not talk .


Wednesday my neighborhood friends took me to Thai food we shared and laughed it was wonderful.


Friday I left for Boise with Mom and Dad. We played list that all the way there. I learned about favorite snacks, prayers they say, daily rituals, influential people. It was great, I cherish those rides alone with my parents . Dawson was baptised Saturday. He is such a sweet boy truely a gentle kind boy. Jen took me to more Thai food to celebrate my birthday Friday night. We ate from appetizer to desserts great food.


Labor Day I was back home and once thge weeding and repairs were done Shawn took me to see Leo Decaprios movie . Apparently Leo isnt my guy thats his second "oh my gosh you got to see that" movie that I thought was ok but not worth a second look. Didnt love the boat movie(Titanic) any more that Inception.


I did love the week because the week sure loved me. My cup is full and I thank you for all for making me feel truely special.


















































7 comments:

Jen said...

Taking your birthday on the road I see! It's my favorite thing to do. That was delicious food wasn't it - man we ate alot of food - come have some curry with me again real soon! I love you Ter- your one of my dearest friends - so glad you are my sister! Love, Jenner

Anonymous said...

Wow that was some awesome birthday week! Glad I got to be there for some of it! You rock and I wuv ya!

JP Anderson said...

What a great birthday week! No better way to spend it than with all the people you love most. I too am glad I got to spend some of you special week with you. Hope your year, all-in-all, is just as great.

Britney said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I didn't make it, I work nights until 9:00 :( but I was thinking about you.

Britney said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I didn't make it, I work nights until 9:00 :( but I was thinking about you.

Amy said...

What a fun week you had. Hope you were feeling the love. :)

Sheri said...

I would have loved to have spent a few moments with you on your special day.... oh wait... every day spent with friends or family is special right??

LOVE YA
SHERI