Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shawn Taylor Eagle Court of Honor

Taylor had a promised gift if he would complete his Eagle. He texted his dad at noon Monday to say hey what ya doing today want to take me shootin.


Eagle Scout Uncle Scott helps us figure out the neckerchief.















Gordo and Taylro








Sunday night Taylor joined the 2% who become Eagle Scouts. It was a memorable week of preperation capped off with a beautiful ceremony. Im certain that close to 140 were in attendance. I loved the videography Amy created with my pictures it was touching as she knows I cried when we chose the music it was so perfect for Taylor. Jesus said love everyone/ Armys of Helman. I thought the National Anthem was moving and the assembly of the Eagles nest. I was over joyed it was a perfect night . Taylor giggled out loud when he saw "Gordo" Jordan his friend in a suit.On our way to baptise Taylor Jordon was outside kickinga ball in his yard. I rolled down the window and yelled " Gordo Taylors getting baptised right now." He just took of running for the church barefoot. I love that story. Thank you for coming mom, dad, Justin, Em, Amy, Scott and all your cute kids. Thanks for food, videos, and scout uniforms, handing out programs Cal, and simply suporting us as you have always done, even those who sent happy well wishes. It reallly is that big of a deal. I wish they had a way for men to earn their Eagle Scout I know my husband sure wishes he had that opportunity. I think some things we do in our our lives are what I call a "truth forward" a message we carry about who we are and how we invision our selves. I hope this is one of those milestones that squares the shoulders of a boy moving him froma boy who learns about commitments to a man who understands covenants.

5 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

That is so amazing! Way to go Taylor! Earning that award is no small feat. What a wonderful young man you are raising!!

shawn rowley said...

that kid is taller than me!!!! i told you to stop feeding him!

in a few months he graduates, he is certifying as a welder in his last few classes at school. then 9 months and a mission....

as we went up high on strawberry ridge he told me about lacross and girls at school his friends and his plans for his life...just as you come to the top there is a steep hillside that pushes wind up and over to strawberry res.

great raptors ride those winds with wings as wide as a man is tall. i couldn't help but think how broad his wings have grown.

he could walk out the door and make it on his own...but i hope he stays a little longer...good blog honey.

Amy said...

That boy is an example to my children. I am thankful for that.

Ging said...

I missed it by minutes- literally. Scott came home and told me how great it was. So proud he has joined the 2%. It is fitting. We appreciate the example he continues to set not just for our children but us as well.

Ging said...

P.S. How's your neck?