Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Monday, August 24, 2009


Boise Idaho Temple where we were married
On Saturday the 22 of Aug Shawn and I have been married for 23 years. About half a year less than Mike and Wendy and almost double Jen and Jared. Saturday we took our laptop to Geek box computer for repairs, watched GI Joe and had a nice lunch together. Oh and got eatten alive by bugs while we atempted some more night fishing. Lots of itching no catching. But the hi light for me was the day before.


Friday night we witnessed our neighbors sealed as a family. It was exceptional. The Sealer said "This is not a temple marriage this is a God like marriage this is a celestial marriage. A Temple marriage is where you pick a pretty temple you want to be married in ." He said so many things that bouyed my soul. I loved sitting there next to Shawn holding his hand. I loved when he squeezed my hand during special parts of the ceremony. I smiled and quietly laughed when they brought in the children in their beautiful white dresses. Shawn said " They look like they are trying to escape from a vat of whipped cream" It was true they were very full gathered dresses. It was an awesome night. Awesome to realize how valueable our commitment is to our salvation to our direction. I love you Mr. Rowley. Thanks for having me and keeping me and honoring me by honoring your covenants. Thats a pretty great gift.


Love Terri

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Still can't believe we were in Manti at the same time! Super-mega-congrats to you both for being such ROCKS in a world of pebbles. We're just trying to keep up, ya know?

Jen said...

Love you guys - good job on the wedded bliss! Why do we live by each others temples - shouldn't it be the other way around!

Amy said...

So beautifully said. I loved the "honoring me by honoring your covenants". Is it just me or is EVERYONE's anniversary about the same time? I love reading all the posts about how each couple truly loves each other. We really do have an amazing family.

Ging said...

Terri- you & Shawn are such a great example of what it means to honor covenants. I think you are both better people because you are married. That is the way it should be, but sometimes we slide the wrong way. Challenging the status quo is what marriage is really all about. Wish we could have celebrated with you at the temple.