Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Where did Shawn go??

I have had some inquiries about my husbands blog. Shawn had some calls from people in his BYU ward saying that when they got on his blog their computer freaked out. So he checked it out. Sure enough their was a computer pop up telling him to close out but never allowing him to . Im sure that is not a very technical explination. Bottom line he felt like his only alternative was to shut it down. I know the house didnt burn down. I didnt loose all the baby pictures but Im feeling really sad. Their were stories I had never heard before, dog humor , irritations, loves sad and poignant moments. This really feels like a loss to me. I tried to recover it by typing rowleysd.blogspot.com
into google. Some of his titles actually came up but I could not retrieve the actual content. So Im not a tech genius but if you have an idea let me know.

In the mean time. If this is your journal or a record of your life do something to preserve it and tell me how to do the same. Blogging started out as a fun connection to family but ultimately its a record of my very personal thoughts , some I didnt even know I had until they were written in front of me . I have learned so much more about each of you threw your blogs. Conversations that never happen in our bustling get togethers . I think when we are typing in a room alone we are safe and free to explore raw thoughts and feelings and then we expose them in ways that we might not other wise. Anyway its good stuff .

5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sad about his blog -truly sad! Shawn I love your blog and I hope you start anew and maybe just maybe Scott Livingston could help you retrieve it. Ter, I think I told you this but you can slurp your blog. The company will print out your blog with pictures and all in a hardcover book and then its just like a journal/scrapbook! I started bloggin specifically so that one day I could slurp a big ole book.

Em said...

Ah Ter.
I wish there was more troubleshooting before the delete and never return button as used.
I thought I had a solution for you, (http://www.archive.org/) its a site that archives the internet essentially. But it looks like Shawn's blog either hasn't been around long enough to get archived, or wasn't special enough (though I would disagree with that). I hope you encourage him to start anew, and when trouble arises, consult the help function.

Unknown said...

Not sure I am understanding what was happening with Shawn's blog, but there are certainly alternatives to Blogger - I would suggest wordpress.com...a better, more robust place to blog (hmmmm, I wonder?) - and safer than Blogger, too. I will persist until he is back to blogging - too much good stuff for him to give up without a fight...

Ging said...

Oh I am very sorry. I hope there is a way to recover them. They were treasures and it would be a huge loss. I empathize 100%. Loosing all of the pictures of our trip to China when we adopted Ellie was worthy of a trip to the dark side and back.

Unknown said...

Hey there...Ginger and I did a Google search using your old blog address and clicked on "cached" and were able to find a lot if not all of your old blogs. We copied 28 pages worth so far...it's easy to do if you want to try, if you haven't already done this. Trying to show we REALLY want you back on the blogosphere soon!

scott & ginger