Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A LOVEly week

















Wow its really late. I should not write when Im this tired but its been a a wonderful last week and a bitter this week. I have been doing Family Therapy for months with some great people .I have grown to admire and delight in their progress. Thursday in a tragic accident the father was killed and the mother seriously injured. Their lives were strewn across the freeway and Im dismayed and overwhelmed at what it will take to clean it all up and repair it. Im also confident that it's possible. I have to try not to smirk when I get comments from people about love fixing children , couples , families etc. Truth is theirs so much more endurance required. But I do know that without love nothing is fixed. So....


To my dear exceptional extended family. You are a great delight for me. Its always real its always surprising its always congested, loud, frolicing, delicious, exhausting, belove...ed
I complained Im ashamed to say about the cost of gas and the hours of driving, Oh if I had given in and not gone . How sad that would have been. Here are the hilights for me.



*Grandma Bonnie comforting with conversation an anxious Sister Missionary waiting to begin her service.


* Britts endless smile. How I felt when she wiped her eyes and said threw the smile Ive been crying for 2 days. ( To love so many so far apart)















* GJ planning lunch at Subway and dinner at PF Changs to celebrate the thin ones return.




** The look on Felicia's face and the response on Johns standing in the baptismal font.



* A senior companion gently prodding his junior to keep sharing .














* My daughters announcing tears as a genetic defect in the family while they cried and sang














* Johns testimony of love and commitment. Felicia's sincerity.


* Sharing a bottle of cream soda with my sister, my daughter my nieces and husband. And no one wiping of the lip of the bottle in disgust... just enjoyment.


* Talking to Mikes family Im certain Kelly and Julie are my sisters, how could people that sarcastic and silly not be blood.


* Learning that Brit was coveted by all eligible Philipino men and that she used it in the Lords favor.

* My dad and mom have the softest skin I love kissing them goodbye.


* Hearing Kenny and Tay talk endlessly from Ogden to American Fork about scarey movies.


* Driving threw Burley pointing to my elementary school Dworshak, Dairy Queen and Farmers Corner.


* Church with real people wrinkled worn weathered lovely people. I miss a place where their is no time for pretense.


* The talks! Olivia telling me personally that what I dont do or stop myself from doing can be an act of service ( it felt like it was just for me). That was great. Brits accounts of a people with nothing who gave everything. The high council speaker reminding us to reevaluate when we have prayer, where we have prayer and how often we pray and to see that our own children and those we home teach have the opprotunity for school blessings. I loved that it was pertinent.
* Make shift cake topping, the lunch lady who wouldnt let me use my own hands to dish up spaghetti.
















* The view forever across the bean field and the apple tree in the Landrums yard.

* Feeling at peace and really enjoying watching my family.



















* Waking up Monday to a devistating e-mail that reminded me how lucky I was to have everyone I love safe and well , and the acheing reminder that I better tell them again how much I love them.


I love you














5 comments:

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

Great description of a wonderful weekend. Glad you were here.

Sorry to hear about the tragedy of your friends, yes, I know you work with them but therefore I know they were your friends. We will pray for their family.

Jen said...

Wow Ter - this just further proves that we are twinners. Did you just call Burley people "REAL", you better go read my blog. WE were also writing these at the same time you crazy twin sister of mine! Thanks for the beautiful thoughts. Love you!

Kelly Hill said...

Beautiful post!

The tragedy will most certainly be trying for you. I have no question that you'll be able to find the right words when it comes time. I'm sorry you have to experience that.

I agree that we must be long lost sisters. I always enjoy being around you guys... LOVE the sarcasm. Good times. I feel bad that I don't know the rest of the family that well, but you funny ones.... I could put you right in my pocket and take you home.

It was a beautiful experience to listen to Birdie. So glad we were there.

shawn rowley said...

honey i read your blog first this morning. it was so detailed and cool. it really was a great weekend.

keep on keeepin' on, life isn't fair ...but it is just.

Ging said...

How did I miss this one. Terri you are the ROCK!! I loved it so intensely- oh when will I ever learn to express what you so perfectly say?? And although I've said it before I am sorry that you deal with loss so often. You are so good at helping people find their way through grief.