Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Carpe Diem

Oh how I have loved our little summer adventures.
We havent had alot of money nor time but these days are pricelss. I have a hand written calender of the events we need to be to over the next two weeks. Its packed but i wrote go night fishing for Thursday the 30th. My new 4 day week is great for this reason. So I came home made dinner everyone took a nap and at 10:00 we headed for the lake. By great luck we followed the mosquito ebatement truck in or the gate would have prevented our very late entrance. Their was no one fishing. Me, Shawn , Gab, Becca, and that other Shawn set up shop on the dock in the moon light. Shawn spent most of the night bating our hooks, weighting our line, retrieving and setting free our mud cat fish. BUT there was this one moment when he tried a a fishing secret passed to him by a Utah Lake old timer. ( He s got his ways of talkin to people until thery pur and share their best kept stuff.) So I think he had 2 jigs on or not but any way it was 4 pound test line. Im at the other side of the dock and hear some comotion. Tay or ( Shawn I mean) headed with the net to help. Then I hear him squealing Dad its huge its gonna pull me in. They fought the monster for several minutes mostly so it wouldnt break the line and we could see who the contender was. I think my husband was hoping for a prize winning Bass but out comes this mustard colored Carp it was M O N S T E R O U S . Certainly 20 pounds of fun. We all touched its big scales and set it free . We all caught a fish only one went home. But sittin in a camp chair with a poll in the water watching the lapping water against the dock, relaxing in the warm but pleasant night air and the big yellow moon . Well it was better than sleep . Which we did not have until about 3:30 but what fun.

8 comments:

shawn rowley said...

becca caught the one she is holding..

Molly Thorne said...

Ter I just love to read you blog about your family time. I thought I would just keep having children forever because they are fun and entertaining and so tiny and cute, Don't get me wrong they are really really challenging, but to not have a baby in the house seems so wierd. But when I hear people, like you tell of their adventures with their older children it makes me excited to enter that stage of life and do fun things with them.

Amy said...

Your families little camping/fishing getaways sound like so much fun. I love being out in nature with my family. Looks like you guys had a great time and caught some winners.

Em said...

What a great time, night fishing. I love your sense of adventure. And your ability to soak it all in. Even the ugly yellow carp. Carpe noctem!

JP Anderson said...

So is the fish pictured the 20 pounder? That would have been so much fun. What great parents you two are.

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

One worder: FUN!!!

You are lucky to have a father and husband that creates memories like those for you. What a great family. We miss you.

shawn rowley said...

becca caught a ten lbs carp a little earlier, you have to realize the carp in my hands looks about the same size as becca's but look at gabby's head in comparison. i don't care if it was a carp (to my dad) it was way fun!

Unknown said...

Hey Terri I am thrilled to see you are taking full advantage of the best Summer has to offer. I am, however, wondering where your poet/fisherman husband's blog is?? I need some nightly pondering....