Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tryin Somethin New

Do you know why people pay big bucks to go on a vacation. Because it enlivens the senses . You can remember amazing details about vacations because they are new and extraordinary times. Gabber just got done with her cruise to Alaska. Im only slightly jealous but more delighted she had such an opportunity at 13. She saved $800.00 so she could go. Here are some of her pics.


















































I have hadthe opportunity lately to try a few new things myself. I have an adventureous friend who drug me to go 4-wheelin. Im pretty guarded with my little life I dont ride roller coasters, or peer over the edge of buidings. let alone jump out of or over things. So I went at 13 miles an hour slowly loving the scenery and watching the trail to guard against rocks. I got some laughs over that because thats what the 4-wheeler is made for. So as I got more daring of to the tops of the mountains we went . It was amazing. Im in love with 4-wheeling! Much to my husbands delight. There are views I would never otherwise see. I also learned that at 35 miles an hour if you turn your head just right the air will blow down your nose and throat and you dont have to breath. Isnt that somethin. we stopped to see the run of the sockeye salmon so beautiful and what a transformation they do as they toughen up to make heir journey. I got to go riding again last week and my machine broke down. I sat on the mountain for 3 hours why they retrieved the trailor. I sat watching the sun slowly climb the mountain and disapear. It was very serene. The weathr was crisp and I had some cows for company. The leaves were dropping and so was the snow off the over hanging branches. The smells are a delightful surprise as you pass clumps of sage brush or groves of spruce or evergreens. My senses were invigorated and it was awesome. Sunday Tay and I cooked middle eastern food for a class project. It was an adventure adding cardamon and raisins to my rice and chicken. But it was good and the turkish Pide ( bread) was awesome adorned with fennel and sesame seeds on top.













We watched conference as a family and I was touched to see who has aged into talking from their chair and loved the messages of showing true loving behavior for our savior and how he loves us. I was very pleased with my weekend. I dare say it was as good as a cruise... or close to. It was new and fresh and exhilerated my senses. May I suggest if your feeling a little hum drum try something... anything new. Its great for dates, dinner and depression. Life can be amazing. Here are a few more pictures .

5 comments:

Jen said...

That was sooso weird! I could have blogged that exact post after returning from my HOlyoak family reunion - 4-wheeling -crisp mountain air, cow's for company, sockeye salmon making their run up the river. I'm not kidding Ter - we are such the Twin sisters! Glad you had such fun!

Em said...

Terri that sounds so great. I know exactly what you mean about the force-fed air that you experience at certain speeds! haha. Very uncomfortable! That looks so beautiful, it has been many years since I've seen the red trout in the river. What a sight that must've been. I'm glad you're still finding new things to love!

JP Anderson said...

Fun! I bet your husband was a wee bit jealous of both you and Gabriel. I don't think there are too many more things more enjoyable than enjoying the beautiful outdoors with friends and family.

Amy said...

I love those pictures of Gabby's cruise. What a beautiful adventure she got to go on. lucky (uttered in my best Napoleon voice). I love that you've taken up 4-wheeling. It is my husband's desire too- freedom. You photographs are beautiful. I love the salmon and that last fall pictures is perfect. Oh to have a little family all dressed in fall colors standing there!

Sheri said...

Loved the pictures of you 4 wheeling!! maybe next time Lori and I come visit we could round up a few of those babies and tear up the country.... or at least not get killed going 4 mph. or was it 40mph??

Love ya
SHERI