Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Something out of Nothing Summer 2009





Basement before the magic















Im not so sure Rapunzel couldnt have spun straw into gold. I have seen amzing things created out of concrete and sawdust. In June WE begun and I say we generously towards myself. But we began the adventure of building another bedroom in the basement.

I started thinking of colors and design and Shawn started hanging sheet rock. He did most everything. I know Gabby swept and Tay helped mud and Kate hung a piece of sheet rock but truely he did it all out of nothing. Im stunned. I had no idea the talent in his hands . I had to go to a home show and see a coffered ceiling I loved with his busines card on the kitchen counter to realize how good he was. Anyway I really have never been very outwardly greatful for this gift, mostly because I didnt see the intricate steps. I just got crown molding magically I thot?





So I chose the carpet and got a free upgraded pad. I agonized over sweet corn yellow or daffodil colored paint bought it and then went back and got pottery red instead. I found sconces after 3 days on ebay and I bought lights and door knobs. My job was excruciating! Oh the mental effort to decide shag or burber. All of this I HAD TO DO. While he framed, insulated, did the duct work for heat, wired for electricity ( with phone calls to dad), hung sheet rock alone on a ceiling, taped, slapped on buckets of mud ( in old world style please) made a window seat book shelves, closet , built in dresser, crown mold, and bead board. Primed then Painted in 3 tone . Hung the doors put on the hard ware and closet rods , knobs and electircal plates. Oh and I HAD TO pick out a mirror and then go get blinds. Of course Shawn hung those to and put together the bed that I bought. I cant begin to tell you what it takes to match beddng to paint and purchase decortive designer pillows in varying textures . It's adaunting task.

But Shawn did his little share to. I love that man he is never credited for the awe and I do mean awe some skills he has that make my life sweeter and easier. I paid for one dryer repair 2 years ago and nearly died. Thank you honey for the free and beautiful labors of love you really can spin




straw into gold. I have seen it done.

7 comments:

shawn rowley said...

thank you honey.

Amy said...

Beautiful! He is a master craftsman, and a wonderful teacher too. I want to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Dang I love it! Love it love it love it!

Jen said...

Wow - I am so coming to visit! That looks fantabulous!

JP Anderson said...

Beautiful work! I've only seen a very small amount of his work but oh what those hands can do.

Unknown said...

Brigham would be proud -

P.S. - was the girl in the bed an eBay find as well?



(word verification: wormi)

Ging said...

WOW. I did get to see it in person and it is even more magnificent. How wonderful you both did.