Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Friday, April 3, 2009

Words of affirmation

One of my favorite things about this bloggity bogging is the tributes. Rather its about Aiden's personality shining threw when he notices his man hair or a kind and encouraging comment in a response telling you your the best mom ever. Is it just our family and friends or does the whole world try to look at each other in honest revealing and loving eyes. I doubt it, and so Im even more greatful. "The way a man sees the world is a view into his own soul." So without further adoo. Im going to do my best to give you another glimpse threw my eyes of what it is to be Shawns companion. It is his birthday this week. I can only imagine what it took for his 5 ft 2 spirited mother to get all 10 lbs of him here. But Im so happy to celebrate every year that she did.

























Shawn is an adventure. He is ever growing and learning. He loves information and will read about jatropa plants for hours in hope of finding a viable fuel alternative. This is why we have the moose mouse club because he still loves to see just what might be under that rock. Or how fast that will go
He challenges himself and pushes his body to do things that I can honestly say I have never seen another man do. I really did watch him carry a refrigerator to a neigbors moving van one day! Speaking of which he is so willing. Whatever is needed he s going to do it. Home teaching or cooking breakfast at fathers and sons. He never pawns off the dirty work. Iheard him leave to set up chairs for every auxillary by himself for a year. He has been the ward moving committee many times not on the committee THE committee.
Shawn never abandons an easter egg hunt, pumkin carving or a turkey shoot. I promise thats not because he loves holiday hoop la its because he loves us. I cant express what it means to me that my children know unequivicably that their father will be there for them and loves them.
Shawn reveres his priesthood and blesses our lives frequently because of that. I can smile because of such a blessing. When a doctor suggested that my facial nerves may never heal he suggested checking with the Lord first.
I dont imagine I would have loved to cook if I hadnt had such constant gratitude and loving compliments for nearly every meal he thanks me. I promised to thank him every day for my wedding ring and stopped on the 3rd year.
Shawn loves the gifts of God more than any man made thing. Trees, streams of water, trout , stars, the smell of wet dirt, and of course sammy the dooog. Sharing those things with someone else is priceless to him.
Shawn loves to tease and tickle and tell pirate jokes . He is my great reminder to slow down and enjoy. I still love to be with him and cant wait for date night. He is charming, witty , bright, challenging, engageing and loves to get my eyre up. Then he calls me a raging wood chuck when Im good and mad.
I have no greater support and strength than my husband. Everything I have survived or dived into was because he rubbed my feet, encouraged me and believed in me. Sometimes when he is talking to me about me I become overwhelmed at his vision of who he thinks Iam or can be. He is Gods messanger for me. He is affirmation of so many truths to me. Thank you for making your life a gift I can treasure. I really wish you heard my silent prayers of gratitude and desire for you some days. My words are flat in sharing what my heart holds for you. Happy Happy Birthday Shawn O Mally Love Terri

5 comments:

shawn rowley said...

you are better than i deserve.

you are the color.

you are the joy.

thanks for the words of affirmation.

Jen said...

That was soo wonderful to read! You too deserve each other. Happy Happy Birthday Shawn! I think you are a wonderful husband, father, friend, brother and uncle! Thanks for always supporting me and loving my kiddos! Love you guys! Jenner

Em said...

I think Shawns awesome too.
Wait, who are we talking about again??

:)

Happy Birthday Shawn. I'm glad you take such good care of my sister.

Kelly Hill said...

Happy Birthday, Shawn! What an incredible tribute. You have one amazing family!!

Amy said...

That was fantastic. When Scotty got sick he came over to the house and talked to me about business stuff. What a burden he lifted from my shoulders. I felt his sincere love and concern. You deserve each other.