Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hear we grow again our day at the Aquarium















I went to the Living Planet aquarium with my Gabby and Kate. We met Amy and the crew there. I had a little moment walking behind her ( She has a lot of little people). She was pushing a stroller and surrounded by children. Smashy pressed his body against the glass so the nurse shark would swim right up and with only an inch between he and the shark he would get big eyed and say whoa and jump back. Cole stood on his tip toes to look at everything. Cloe stayed with Gabby and they touched everything touchable and Aiden cried all the way to the car because he was starving and couldnt go out to lunch. Amy said they had happy meals on the way here. Heck that was almost 2 hours ago! Grace never made a sound in her sleepy stroller. Everything was amazing and their expressions were a reminder of how children see things in life threw new and wonderous eyes even the simplist of things. I miss that time when life was hectic but certainly less complicated.


I did love that Kate took the time to drive up and go with us. I did relish hand dancing in the car to lady Ga Ga while Gabby rolled her eyes at me but smiled. Im thrilled that we all wanted a fancy salad for lunch and not the Mc Donald play land. I enjoyed that Gabby knows exactly what style of retro bohemian princess she wants to be and can show me a shirt she wants 5 minutes inside the mall. I was happy that Kate called to tell me her interview went well and then joyful that she texted me to say I love you and thank you. I said a silent Halalujia when Gabrielle noticed that we hadnt had one disagreement the whole day and thanked me for making her spring break fun .


There are tiny little fingers pressed against my cheek, and the palm of the hand that holds all my dreams.
There is a careful little grimace directed right at me, and the expression of innocence that grabs me every time.
There is a pair of big blue eyes that light up in the dark, and the window to a soul that knows only truth.
There are clumsy little legs dancing to a tune, and a chubby little bottom to break their every fall.
There is a babble and some laughter coming from my room, and the sounds of heaven right here in my home.
There is chaos in the kitchen, and toys all down the hall, a reminder to us all that time is so precious.
There are cookie crumbs on the table, and milk spilled on the carpet, but an image of simplicity and joy came with the mess.
There are car keys in the toilet and the unmistakable sense my life is full.
There are four children fast asleep, just in the other room, and a mother who's convinced that wonders never cease.
By someone else edited to fit my life

6 comments:

shawn rowley said...

i am left speachless by the profound expression of a life grounded in the clouds, i wish i had been able to go.

Jen said...

That was great Ter! Thanks for that! Gonna hang that one on my fridge! love you!

gabby said...

oh mother

Em said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the aquarium too. :) We should go together sometime.

Ging said...

It was just like being there.. Thank you for sharing your day and your thoughts. I am lucky to have a second shot at chubby fingers and fish crackers in the carpet. A great reminder eloquently put.

Amy said...

It was indeed a fun time together. Thanks for the invite. My children do love animals big and small. It was a great idea. Thanks for reminding me to find joy in this season.