Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Adventures of Kate and Gab







The last couple of weeks Helga G and noodle have been out seeking new adventures. I doubt that my Helga (Kate) knows what this means to Gabrielle. She loves spending time with any of her siblings and especially when they are 7 years older it can be a real treat to be included. Even with the years they share a lot of the same adventureous qualities. So yesterday I got a laugh when the two of them came bustin in the door at dusk carrying fishing gear and their days catch. After about an hour of empty luck they asked a man at the reservoir what he was using to catch fish. He sent his sons on ahead and set with them for 20 minutes teaching them the tricks of weighting their line and the right bait. They came home with 4 fish and promptly went about cleaning and cookin up their mess of fish for dinner. Their was some bloof curdling screams when Kate touched the eye ball and Gabby started screaming cause kate was screaming,but other than that it went really well. I love that.

4 comments:

Ging said...

I love that too. Is a bloof curdling scream worse than a blood curdling scream cuz if I touch a fishes eyeball I want to use that phrase. So glad they have each other and a spirited mother who urges and inspires them to be.

Amy said...

Nothing makes a mother's heart swell like seeing their children love spending time with each other.

JP Anderson said...

Those girls of yours are always looking for adventure. Its awesome that they frequently find it with each other.

Em said...

Wow. nothing but respect for a girl who can clean her own fish! yuuckee