Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanks for giving 2010
















Thanks to Molly for the invite to share thanksgiving at her home. Show me someone with more required of her day who is willing to feed another 40 mouths. I love you Molly for always rising to a challenge and doing it gracefully. I wish we could have been there .

Our Day began the day before as so many do at Thanksgiving. Salads to make desserts to bake turkeys to bathe in salt and herbs. We chose to have the big dinner and avoid the lunch rush. Amys oven gave all she had and died in a broiling flame, much to Gingers distress. Turkeys should not be golden 60 minutes into cooking. We baked, peeled, boiled, and roasted at other good folks houses. I decided to run Amys knife across a finger while washing and wore the Michael Jackson glove all day. After many trips to neighbors dinner was served at 7:30 late enough we could have fed them cornmeal mush and they would have thanked us. The kids did the turkey shoot and claimed their prizes. Amy dressed Grace in a lovely white sweater to eat red jello and and wear several cups of milk. One that ran down her head after uncle Shawn bumped her on the floor. It was quite cute she just stood their dripping looking at him like why did you do that. We had 3 tvs going with Barbies magical adventures( at the neighbors), wii games, and Mr. scrooge back at Brownings. Games of Uno and Manopoly were a hit. Scott taught Shawn about electronics , Scotty made me feel like a queen when he ate a near trifle by himself ( love to make ya happy Scotty just bend over and cough). Both Becca and Kenz brought dinner guests . We ate off paper plates and did 2 loads of dishes?? Mostly we had a warm time together. It just felt good laughing and enjoying the comfort of family. The turkey though traumatized was delicious as was the entire meal as it should be when cooked by the girls who went to advanced cooking class together.

I cant wait to go to Johns next year!!!

5 comments:

JP Anderson said...

Sounds like you had ALMOST as much fun as we did. We are happy to accept the Thanksgiving responsibility next year, however, it will most likely (and when I say most likely I mean for sure) be at some other location other than our house.

Amy said...

What a perfect description of the day! And pictures too!!! So glad you all came. Wish I soaked up more of the moments with others.

Anonymous said...

ahaha just cough and bend over...sheesh.

Jen said...

I wish we had played games but we had fun none-the-less! Love you guys!

Em said...

Jen tried to initiate a round of Monopoly but I wasn't having it. My bad! I'm happy to hear about the OTHER family thanksgiving ;). Thanks for sharing Ter. I wished we could all be together, perhaps for the Christmas party??