Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Monday, November 22, 2010

New View

I worked from home today. I love to be home on a cold blustery day. Unfortunately I was distracted by the many things that mumble "Look at me, Im a complete mess" I mostly ignored the irritating voices and found other distractions that ate at my work productivity like changing the house insurance and visiting the Chiropractor.
In spite of the glareing mess I decided to try some therapy on myself. I took a camera and went around taking snapshots of all the things that seem to irritate me to distraction and look at them with gratitude. It was so good for me I decided to share the idea.



First a list of the subjective problems threw my lense.


1) The shoe basket looks like a war zone for crying out loud its the entry way and someones going to trip and break their neck.

2) This is decorative candy people why is it always 3/4 gone Marthas isnt touched in the magazine.
3) This is a dining room table it should be for dinner and only on Sunday.

4) My room is suppose to be a sanctuary glorious romantic, ugh

5) The drawers all work son everyone of them opens and can hold things.
6) How many bottles of shampoo should be open at one time and what is this doing in here?

7) Kat a rin your room is suppose to look like a french chateau what the .....

8) Gabber no tape ever ever on the walls

9) Look this piano is for display only but I choose the decor folks.


What I see in the picture objectively

Shoes are a luxury in many parts of the world in my home they are taken for granted like an old shoe. They fit they are in the color and styles we like. Im so greatful to live in this country Im free in so many choices.
Candy is a childs simple joy. I cant begin to express gratitude for having children in my life they are my simple joy. I cant imagine not being able to give them little pleasures.




These things belong to a man who does everything for the good of his family. Heck the screens open to finding a Big O Tire store to help a childs latest tire crisis and he literally dropped everything to help her. He loves knowledge, what a great quality.

Being married to an adventurer is romantic. If he werent here I would never move any of it from the top of his dresser to have a shallow vase of flowers. A gamer who reads his scriptures . Plus he gets himself up and off to school every morning and wears calogne thats a pretty good and easy boy I had to ask why are there googles in the bathtub. Practice snorkleing was her reply. She also asked for eoprene waders for Christmas not for fishing but so she can stay warm in the snow. Oh how I love to laugh and children are the best comedians. If I stop looking at the chaoes I can see the kid. A quote by yoda, pictures of her sisters , letter from her brother, and a good book. Thats just so very insightful and sweet.
. Im so glad she is still a girl in so many ways. She wants to celebrates everythingabout her life. What would that be like to want to demonstrate joy for everything.
Becca forgot her iron pills. Kate forgot her earphones. Gab frogot her stuffed animal and I forgot that picture was ther to remind me to never forget to demonstrate my appreciation for the touch of the Masters hand in my life. Happy Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

I love reading about your life. You tell it in such a fun way. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Amy said...

This was a good little exercise. It's a good day when you can look at all those little annoyances and just smile. Nice job Ter, and loved the pictures.

Jen said...

OHHH Ter, you continue to speak & write so beautifully! Such a gift! I think I'll give your excercise a try! Love you!

Em said...

I don't know if my annoyance list would come out so well. toothpaste on the mirror....my husband brushes vigorously? spot where carpet tacks poke me...glad i have carpet everywhere else!? haha. what a great post again Ter.