Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Going Going Gone











Gone are the chubby toes

Gone is the platinum hair

Gone is the big wheel you rode with your batman cape

Gone are the power ranger light up tennis shoes
Gone is the bunk bed and lion king sheets

Gone is the Nintendo 64 and The Legends of Zelda
Gone is the Back Street boys and your boom box

Gone are the sleepovers with trips to Nicklecade

Gone is your love for American cheese and spaghetios

Gone is the Disney coon skin cap and wild west rifle

Gone is T ball and Jr Jazz basketball

Gone are the days you put your head threw the folding chair in primary

Gone are the broken nick nacks from Jedi light saber wars with Gordo

Gone are the fights to take a bath or drink cough syrup

Gone are the days of "push me higher and watch me mama"

Gone are the PE clothes you loathed and the pilowcase you sewed

Gone are the sneaky feet covered in footy pajamas headed for one more dinosaur to take to bed

Gone are Boy Scout pine wood derbys and camping in a snowcave
Gone are happy meals and little toys.
Gone are the ways of a little boy

Gone are my fears that you could ever be less than the extraordinary gentle and good man I dared hope you to be.


You like your sisters are a priceless gift to us son Happy 18th.
Love Mother dear








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw man, this almost made me cry! I love you Tay-Tay!!!

Jen said...

Almost, psht, that did make me cry! OHHH Taylor you really are a good boy! Happy Happy Birthday! 18? really! One year till the mission - Yahoo!!!

Amy said...

Oh. So sweet. It painted a picture.

Ging said...

Sigh- I am all teary eyed here. Happy Birthday Tay-so glad you are part of our family.