Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Monday, October 18, 2010

Gabber is 15







My baby is 15. I have not forgotten the day she was born. She came with quite a fight. a torn placenta, 23 hours of labor, a near c section, and an epideral that didnt work! We were so relieved when Gabrielle made her first appearance. She has had many surprising things to offer us through out her short life time. So here are some Gabby hi lights .



1) Taking a milk carton around to neigbors asking them all if they had seen the missing child on the carton. Detective Day



2) Naked pajamas an invention of hers it requires under pants only if under duress of a mother.



3) Sleeping in a crib until you are 3 and having a royal melt down when your mother sales it. Yell at the new owners all the way down the driveway.



4) Curly hair and the sebasious nephi ( nevi) her word for her pink birth mark under her



curly hair.



5) Going to sister K's when she had cancer and doing apupet show for her on the other side of the glass door because she couldnt leave and you couldnt come in. She loved it.



6) Refusing to get in the car with a stranger when she was 4. So the officer followed her home.



7) Sticky and pine coney named and beloved inanimate objects that lived on your dresser for years.



8) The nest 264 stuffed animals that rested on your bed how you slept in the middle of them we will never know.



9) Conversations regularly with the Orem Elementary principle in his office about what things you thought he could do to improve the school. I think you liked his candy drawer.



10) She sings amazingly in the shower most mornings. I get a new song every Birthday. Lucky me



11) Finished all of her Young Womens 10 hour projects when she was 14



12) Likes to visit the elder care center. Feeds them laughs at their stories and goes often without prompting.



13) Determined : Earned enough money to go to Alaska on a cruise and Hawaii on a plane all of her own money, and we dont have allowances.



14) Is requested solely by the Browns nearly every Friday to babysit. When the kids are asleep she cleans.



15) Loves new things. Orders octopus and wants to skydiving. Shoots her bow at Jakes Archery with her dad and loves to go to DI with me to find treasures.






I love you miss noodle you are a bright spot in our home. Im so glad you are part of our crazy adventures in this family. I loved spending your birthday together at Temple square and eatting fried pickles.



Mom

6 comments:

Ging said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ging said...

Happy Birthday Miss Noodle. I laughed and smiled and cried (from laughing again) at the descriptive highlights. Gabster is a gem. the gifts she's given me ( to name a few):earnest council, surprising insight and the kind of questions that have given me a wonderful glimpse into her creative & thoughtful spirit. And all before the age of 15. So much potential wrapped-up in such a little body. We love you Gab. Happy Queen for the Year-day.

Amy said...

What great memories Ter! She's a firecracker that one. I was thinking back to the time with I bathed her and fixed her curly blonde hair and took naps on my bed with her. She was my practice baby :) Happy 15 to the Gabster.

Molly Thorne said...

I wish I knew your kids better, they are great people. Wish Gabby, or fettucine alfredo as Tristan calls her, a happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

We are kindred spirits, Gabbers. I lava you!!!

gabby said...

thanx mom i love you