Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Seriously Bad Hair Day

Hair our joy and the bain of our existence. Color, length, texture. Whatever you got you were wishin for something else at some point. My girls have the most beautiful hair. It has tones of butter, sand, and gold. They begged to color it by junior high. Are you kidding women die for your hair color. I mean litterally kill brain cells sitting under toxic fumes, wrapped in tinfoil for hours resulting in burned off chicken hairs.

Gabby's hair is shared by many an Anderson gene . When she was with Maddie Wendy named them frizz and fuzz when they would walk hand in hand and you were watching from the back.

We make a big deal as you enter the world to note your full head of jet black hair ( cute as a baby monkey) or the fact that you are bald as a cue ball for the first 18 months.

Last month I told Taylor that I would pay his cell phone bill if I could cut his hair. He cringed as his lovely curly ends fell to the floor. He thinks his beattles recreation is a chick magnet. And it is.. but hey Im the mom.

Im considering a yard sale based solely on hair product. After all we have 1/4 inch barrels and 1 1/2 inch barrels, straighteners with steam and ceramic flat irons, perm rollers in tight pink and loosy goosy blue, got to be cream pomade, bedhead, hair goo, big and sexy spray, styling paste and gum, and of course a color spectrum of gel for any hold you want. We have extensions in 3 colors, and no Gabby cant wear black clipped on hair to a charter school so why I ask you?? Headbands, skinny doubles, leather ties, barettes that have ducks, flowery clips, bows and hair bands clear, colored, striped . Depending on your mood you can choose a band with or without a metal bracket depending on how much whinning you crave when you remove the thing at night . Im just sayin whats the dealio?? I have loved Mollyand Ems hair pixie short and loose and long. I have hated Ginger and Amys growth rate why do they get 3 inches a month and I get 1/2 an inch. Grandma Kate had auburn hair well into her 70's I always thought it was her color, really I did. Now at 45 Jenny pulls 5 greys when she did my hair last, say it isnt so! I could care less how many decades I say I have been alive but grey hair now that says old, right?? Or is it wise and distinguished. I have tried to not be to caught up in this torant of tresses thus we have one hair variation at our home some up some down. No fishbone braids or french knots at our house. Still it has penitrated clear to the tub, There stands 5 bottles of shampoo ranging from .97 cents to 9 dollars and seventy cents. Isnt this a dead cell I ask. Why the fuss, the muss the tears, the appointments folowed by more tears. Im just wondering isnt thier something also to be said for a bad hair day. Cant we learn from a bad side ponytail, bangs cut alfalfa short or a clippy that falls loose. Dont you think its a good giggle to see hair in disaray. So I petition you lets join in freeing ourselves of this bondage to our Couf.







What if you had Finns hair front and back now thats something to think about, having a fuzzy but!



5 comments:

shawn rowley said...

oh my gosh that was so funny....except for the part of it being my life.... i walked by the bathroom last sunday when all three girls were doing their hair, and the wind shifted, and i got shellacked to the wall by hair spray!

Em said...

hahahaha! Ter I have laughing out loud at work! I love Finn's fuzzy butt. And your children do have enviable shades of butter, sand and gold.

Jen said...

OHH How I wish I had your daugthers hair - all of them. My poor poor pitiful hair. I'm going bald you know. I just cover mine with a cute headband to distract the eye. I loved this post and your hubbies comment.

Ging said...

The girl behind me pulled out a gray hair in 7th grade. Ouch!! I told you I've been sorting mine and they aren't gray- they are white. I wouldn't mind but they are as wiry as, um wire. Oh, and they don't grow. Here's to a bad hair day. A husband stuck to the wall and a fuzzy... well um. Amy what do you think is it something in the water? River water that is.

Amy said...

It's just hair. Really. IT comes it goes. It grows it don't. By the way have you seen the movie Good Hair? If you think Caucasian hair can by trying...I have a whole new respect for black hair.