Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Orchids


My Lovely

The March wind blows a howling. The mountains majestic dark and bare. The sky threatens a winter warning as thick dark clouds loom low. My gardens rests in a suspended frost bitten state. Today, I marvel at the curvy growth of a bloom delicate and lovely despite the dim dismay outside. My orchid is so allureing so bewitchng and dainty that one thinks it to be fragile and demanding. Quiet the opposite is true . She asks so little and gives such bounty. The essence of what in life is truely lovely.
By Terri R




5 comments:

Amy said...

A poet? I didn't know it! Beautiful Ter. However, that last picture threw me off a bit.

Jen said...

wow that was very good! Loved the lovely last picture as well!

Ging said...

Why is it that all plants deemed "hard to kill" by others are the very plants I have managed to kill repeatedly? Do not lure me into purchasing another one of these. Please. Taylor may have talked me out of it- visually speaking

Em said...

LOL! shocker last pic. And your poem was lovely Ter. :)

I want an Orchid very badly too. They're so beautiful.

shawn rowley said...

i love the picture. i loved the poem. i got it.