Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why did you do this to yourself?

Im a holiday diva. Love them all love them big and shiny and with much jubilation. I want the perfect surprise to leave someone speechless teary eyed or jumping up and down . That means I have made many purchases over the years in front of a cash register day dreaming of someones delight and not the long term view. That looks like a JC Penny credit line just to buy a ring 30% off at 18% interest. Ithas been toddler toys thast pop, cry and shoot off Star wars light saber noises or fire truck alarms. I have had play dough in my carpet, Shrinky dinks on fire in the oven. I feverishly bid on e-bay for a leapord spotted coat. Begged for by a 10 year old who slipped it on once. Fake fur is "too hot to wear mama". We have un played guitarsand unstrung bows. We own a Cotton candy machine and easy bake oven that are rediculous to clean and need a home equity line of their own to afford the ounce and a half mixes! I have a dog thats had interveneous feedings, a cat that can only have food from one store, and a guinea pig for whom I called every vet and pet hospital in the phone book. I willingly offering a blank check to have a c section performed and save its babies.
In the dark of the night I will wait for a 5 AM stampede to get cabbage patch anniversary edition, DS lite, legends of Zelda and a My little pony whos strawberry smelling hair grows. The hair will be cut off in a jagged pony tail and it will have a new name written on its bottom and permanent marker lipstick and eye shadow within 5 hours of unwrapping.
This year my big surprise was getting Gabby ( formerly known as DOO DA DAY) an unavailable in the USA copy of Song of the South. She cried as I expected and so did I. But my biggest coo was Skull Candy Headphones. Retail $88.00 my price $28.00 "oh yea I rock I say to myself" while Im wrapping them up. But its now 5 days later. I have repeated myself 700 times! The bathrooms dirty, the dog hasnt been walked and no one knows where I have gone. Because they cant hear me !! Apparently it isnt me who rocks.
So Its true Im a sucker for a happy moment. If I have my way, one day light years from now. I will park a big Kawasaki trail bike in the driveway, with a huge red ribbon on it for my husband. He will be so surprised I expect he will squeal like a 6 year old who gets a my little pony. I can see his face now all excited and greatful. Its enought to keeep me from remembering that I HATE the idea of him riding the thing and will be worried every time he varooms out of the driveway. See Why do I do this to myself??

5 comments:

Jen said...

I love that you do this too! I love to give people really really great gifts. Cheers to you my twinner!

Amy said...

So true. So you. Looks like the kiddies were happy- your hard work paid off and though the gifts will one day be forgotten they will never forget the way you made them feel.

JP Anderson said...

Well said Amy. That's exactly what I was thinking. You are the master of great-gift-giving. Your name is etched in the hearts of many for your thoughtfulness.

Ging said...

The most telling thing of all- that you posted this blog at 5:30 a.m. You did this to yourself because you are related to our mother who made roast every Sunday and yelled for help the whole time. We take the good with the bad and they are both part of the memory that makes us smile. Plus, we all have a little bit of Martha in us,but no staff to back us up.

shawn rowley said...

and to that i say "woof, woof"