Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Monday, January 4, 2010

Finnigan begin again





Once in a while I like to look up stuff on KSL classifieds just for fun. Michael Buble tickets, soaker tubs, and english springer spaniel puppies. Well I was doing that last week and found a little add for a FREE 8 month old springer named Duke, who needed a good loving home, papered, neutered, shots, chip FREE. Shawn has said many times how happy Sam would be if he had a friend when we are gone. Im not real hip on the 2 dog thing. But this add called to me so I called the number. The man said a woman had already called for him. I called later to make sure she came for him, she did. I had day dreamed about calling him Dewey or Ducky(shouldnt do that , it makes it harder when it doesnt work). I was sad but relieved. Remember my last blog. "What was I thinking!" Well 2 days later Im back on KSL adds and I will be darned if a new add by a different owner doesnt say all the same things. Duke 8 mo doesnt get along with my lab and we only want $75.00. The add had been up 13 minutes. I called her and told her I had been following the dog but couldnt pay for him. She said come get him.
So after Caleb's wonderful baptism we went to get another ( Im not kidding I have lost my mind!) dog. He is so sweet just looks at the cat. He is 10 pounds heavier an 2 inches taller than Sam. They have knocked over paint, slurped 2 gallons of water in 12 hours, been to Home Depot and Auto Zone and have driven us crazy puppy wrestling . We voted on about 30 names Frodo was a cute accompniment to Sam, but Hobbs won. I liked it but it doesnt fit. I took liberty today and texted the family to tell them that his real name was Finnigan or Finny if your me. It means the little white haired one. So at last we have more males than females in the house. Annie come see the new puppy!



7 comments:

shawn rowley said...

no one will ever visit us again....

but i will be able to hunt bigger canyons next year and he retreives like a mad man!

mabey we are crazy. but it is alot of fun!

Jen said...

I will visit you and Anna will be so happy! I love the name Finnigan! Such a whitey that one is!

Unknown said...

You people are crazy...and I like it.

Em said...

yayaya! No regrets! I Love Finnigan too! And they make such a cute pair.

So remind me WHO has two dogs now? haha.

Ging said...

Awe- . You guys are sure a bunch of push-overs. It has been a very "doggy" year in this family.
I am relieved that you did not nickname my second son Finnigan (the first photo threw me a bit). I already have a Buck Honus. Congratulations or condolences. or both

JP Anderson said...

That is so great that they get along so well. They look happy together. We'd love to get Doug a playmate. Maybe a girlfriend. (That sounds weird) Anyway, fun, fun, fun!

Sheri said...

That is a PUPPY!!! Excuse me but... that is the biggest puppy I have ever seen. HE is very cute and looks quite content to be on someones bed??? Maybe that is his bed now right??
SHERI