Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Farewell 233 South







This is the house all tattered and torn that Shawn rebuilt. Iam the maid on a visionless throne who sat around in dreadful mourn when I saw what could happen to my beloved home. Well I wish I could describe the horror but lets just say the change was amazing. We loved this house, it was ours. I loved the neighbors, the peaches, the christmas box fire in the fireplace, the tree we planted, the friends we made it was a romantic and wonderful time. I still love that house and before we went to close on Friday the 13th we had yet another good bye. On another time we sold the house all the kids came to meet us for sushi and pizza on a blanket and shared memories told of each room in the house. Its hard to believe after 18 months on the market and collecting the earnest money of 3 buyers that we would close on a Friday the 13th. I dared not speak it till the money cleared our account. But I have to say that with all the prayers fasting tears and anguish. I knew the father was aware of things I could not know. I have had many months where I wanted that money but only recently did we truely need the money. Its funny odd how our direction can shift and the plans and thoughts of 60 days ago are rewritten for a new time. It would have been a pleasure to sale that little love shack for a hunk of money and go sail the Isles of Greece; but there is something more commanding about a need when filled. Needs have a softer humbler gratitude. You can quietly reflect on the power of a tender mercy. I really wanted to make alot of temporal wishes realized with the money of a house sold a year ago. Today the sale will literally purchase peace. Truth be known if I were honest with myself and could only chose one ...the Greek isles or Peace .I would take peace, Peace is not very frilly and fun to talk about; but it is sacred and humbling when you get just what you need after pleading for what you wanted for so long. How can there not be a higher power??

8 comments:

Amy said...

Beautifully expressed Terri. I am so glad you have that peace now. And maybe, just maybe you could go to Lagoon or something?!!!!

Molly Thorne said...

What good insight. I love that you got together with your kids to remember your memories of the house. You always are doing stuff I think people wish they had done in certain situations. I'm so glad you sold your home.

Unknown said...

A sweet day...expressed so well. A scripture I just found says it better:

"In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old."
Isaiah 63:9

Ging said...

This is so true Terri. We were discussing the wisdom and beauty of the Lord's timing just last night over dinner. I believe he chooses these things for His children that we might be refined in ways we never thought possible. I am amazed at how expansive my thinking has become because of "difficult times". I am so happy it finally sold- Hallelujiah!!!!!

Me and More said...

speaking of peace that is what my R.S. lesson is on next month. I am now a teacher of the Pella 1st ward R.S. I cant wait to learn more and expand, yet again, My horizons. I can see however that I have a few good teachers amongst myself and will call upon you when I need some ideas. Luckily one lives with me. you are a true philosipher and I couldnt be happier for your loss.

Em said...

I'm glad you can appreciate selling your beloved house without the Isles to make it sound romantic. :)

JP Anderson said...

Funny how the Lord works to teach and test us. That house will be missed. I remember staying there with your family for a week during BYU basketball camp. It was fun to spend time with my nieces and nephew. Grow a little closer to my sister. Lots of sleeping, cereal, and, as well as my memory serves me, the best BBQ chicken I've ever had. Seems like another life time.

shawn rowley said...

your thoughts are beautiful, and they help me to feel more peace about the whole affair. thanks for being the best asset in my life
i love you.