Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Its comin around again


"Im tired" I seem to be saying that alot lately. Im not a good sleeper but Iam a great lamenter. Seems I can lay awake thinking, ruminating and worrying. Sometimes when there are no sheep I count " what ifs?" As of late their seems to be alot of them "what if's?" The state of the nation, the plungeing economy, or the political unrest and pain in the world are all good fodder
for my minds fire. I work for human services the very title suggests this is one of those things we cannot do without. It makes sense to me why advertisers, car manufacturers,realtors and contractors have no work. No ones buying anything new were all making do. But human services, medicane, food, shelter, the safety of the family those are not something we can do without. Or can we? Apparently we can as more and more services are cut everyday. So I worry. I dont know when things will turn around. I know my husband and son will help move my neighbor today and not because they want to go but because everythings gone.

I m not fond of doom and gloom and I dont prefer dark clouds. I do like to fix doom and gloom and purchase umbrellas. So last night when Shawn and I were driving home we were listening to the acoustic version of Live's song Lightning crashes. It said some things that were important to me at that just right moment." Oh now feel it comin' back again like a rollin' thunder chasing the wind forces pullin' from the center of the earth againI can feel it..lightning crashes, a new mother cries this moment she's been waiting for the angel opens her eyes pale blue colored iris, presents the circle and puts the glory out to hide, hide. I created some identity with the songs intensity but mostly I liked thinking about how we come to earth with a glory that is encased in a mortal body that will live on a foulable earth and still there will always be that glory no matter what else happens to that life. Pretty cool. If you are my child then you know my favorite saying "what comes around goes around." So when I hear it in a song it catches my attention. Just like Carly Simons song Comin around again." I know nothing stays the same but if your willing to play the game its comin around again." She has a version where she incorporates itsy bitsy spider. And theres a message of renewal and hope. I know the joys of life are always comin around again. If they were not I dont think we could endure the pains of mortality. Even for those who have a lifetime of pain its comin around again. Thats the promise from a loving and gracious Father.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Awe Ter that was beautifully written and I agree whole heartedly. I love love love that version of carly's song by the way.

Ging said...

He has been with us thus far. As Elder Holland once said, When the water gets rough, that's no time to abandon the boat. Truly the Savior is our boat. He does not leave us alone. Even when it appears he is sleeping the water is still under his control
Love you

shawn rowley said...

i love to hear your thots on such things....

you are so utterly unique and beautifully incisive.

keep going i think God will grant you the power to do the things you dream of.

Amy said...

thanks for sharing such beautiful insights Terri. You are a thinker, and a doer, and a merry maker.