Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkeys Abound in the Oven and Elsewhere


Well were off and runnin the Holidays are in with a bang. Thanksgiving was wonderful. I did all the cooking and it only took 2 days!! We ate played games, watched movies, ate, played games, napped ate see a trend here. I did actually make a great apple pie a moist turkey and hot rolls that rival Ginger's. All in all it was so nice to just be.. just us. Then the alarm rang and it was 4:15 AM no time to curl my hair!! Must go . So with my adds in hand I headed in the dark to WalMart. I begged Amy to come but she was smarter than I and saw no purpose. Alas it may have saved me from delivering a baby in the electronics isle. There were no parking spaces in all of the 15 acres wall Mart owns. That was my first red lag. I followed the frantic ones into the store which was grid locked with carts. So I abandoned mine and headed for my focused purchase. First a pallet of pink vacuums are falling from a 20 foot stack it was a war zone the employees could not unwrap the stack fast enough so people were tearing at the plastic shrink wrap for a $9.00 vacuum?? Then I hit housewares and I kid you not no exagerating there is a grown man on the floor in a tug of war with a woman for one of the 11 Kitchen Aid mixers they had available at the sale your sole and your dignity price of 169.99. They ended up calling EMS for the lady who I later found prone on the floor in the electronics section near a stretcher. My item was gone long gone!! I ran into literally a friens who had a bloddy hand from a toy shelf of lego's that had been pushed from the opposite side as she reached for one they all came down on her. Seriously e need a little Christmas right this very minute!! So Im out of here leaving with my dignity but no great purchase. Then a man quite literally in disgust sits down his arm load of goods right in front of me and guess what is sitting right there on the stack of totes slippers MY ITEM. Thank you mister!! And off I go to stand in line behind a lady with 2 carts of 48 inch TV's 3 of them it was a $ 3,600 day for her and a $70.00 day for me. At least until I got to the Mall... but thats another story.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Nice Title! I am not too sorry I missed out, although it's always a good time when we're together. Sounds like Black Friday lived up to its name. I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

Jen said...

oH MY! People , come on now! lets behave! I too love your title! LOL! LOve ya!

Em said...

ew. Reading about this reminds me why my husband adamantly refuses to be put in crowd situations. And why we didn't go out last weekend. A person can be smart, but people, they are pretty dumb. :)