Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Was It Positive Velcro or The Luck Of The Irish

So I be wonderin in the wee part of the week if I bejenxed or I be up for havin a bonie good time. Apparently the good times be dancin a jig at me door.
Monday I picked Gab from school late so she could work on a sewing priject. When I got there she was with a friend and said she couldnt leave. Her friend looked very concerned and tearful. it turns out she had a missing sister andd they had been looking for sometime. I said noproblem and waited for 45 more minutes till they found her. I took this picture of noodle as she tried to climb the fence and look in un assuming places. They finally found her . I was so pleased that Gabby knew when it was time to go beyond the mark for someone.
Tuesday i went to my morning meetings and was approached by our Director Casey. He gave me tickets to the movies and a certificate for employee of the month. My supervisor had said these great things about me. It was so gratifying to have my work acknowledged.
Terri is saving DCFS hundreds of dollars a month!! She is working with one family and about 7-8 individual clients per week clinically. She is an amazing RFC.

Terri is available to her families on the weekends for emergencies. She truly cares for the foster families and foster children that she works with. She does extra things to help them with problems or issues that they are having (One foster child who struggles, she often takes for an ice cream cone so that he can have a few minutes just to talk with someone about how his day is going. He is 9 and likes the extra attention as there are two other foster children and four bio kids in his home. ) She has 26 level three homes that she works with to do what is best for the foster children in their homes. If it is best for a foster family to keep a child, she will meet with that family as often as needed (even daily!) to work on issues that will keep the child in the home. If there is an issue with a foster family, she will work head on with the family to confront the issue or to encourage them to make necessary changes as needed. She attends CFTM's and court hearings to support caseworkers, children and families. She is always willing to go the extra mile to help out. She is one worker who tells people that she loves her job!

Thanks Terri for being a valuable member of our Region!!
Wednesday I got pulled over leaving a meeting and the officer said he liked me and gave me a ticket for 5 not 20 over the speed limit now thats positive velcro doin over time.
Thursday I got up dyed the milk green and baked all day for the Relief Society dinner and the Lacrosse dinner. Then I spoke about sister Barbara Smith the General Relief Society President for 1974-1984 she was amazing. Taking on Phil Donahue, ERA, and bringing Relief Society to the world in a 3 hour block schedule. I had a friend approach me saying "I was freezing I had to go diggin threw the coat closet to find something to wear. I looked at her and said I have been looking for that sweater for 3 months. We both got a great laugh out of it. Sweater found!
Friday the Warriors won 2 of 2 games in their tournament.
Saturday I rode with Amy up to the baby shower. Felicia is so pretty her complexion is flawless and she is ready to hold her daughetr. Mom was gracious and we had lots of food and fun. Gabby made this bib for the baby. I got to see nieces and nephews and lots of family.
Saturday Taylor could have up to 4 more games. It was so cold and they were rippin around that field. Every game was an elimination and they just kept playing. I got thier after game 2 Taylor was stellar. They played several division 1 teams . Olympus took the title from us 3 to 1 in the last game but we were elated with what we saw from our kids. 8 of the 40 boys are in my ward. Its great to sit together and use our lacrosse voices. Taylor was given one of 4 most valueable player awards given out to over 18 teams. They gave him a new head for his stick. In fact the very head he has wanted even his cherished orange. We celebrated with soup and lots of breadsticks and of course mussels for Taylor at Olive Garden.
What a really really good week .

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - what a wonderful and well-deserved moment of recognition for you at work. And your children continue to reflect their parents examples of compassion, generosity, and hard work.

Good people are what make good weeks good.

Amy said...

Yeah for a great week. Finally!!!!
So glad you were recognized for your dedication to people who need someone. You are wonderful.
Wish we could've seen Tay play, and let me close by saying I LOVE that picture of Taylor and Gabby.

Ging said...

Terri- your co-workers recognize in you what we have seen for a lifetime. You have earned the "Sister of the Month" award more times than I can count. I am so happy for the little and the big triumphs in your life. Thanks for painting the picture.

JP Anderson said...

Your opening lines to this post deserve an award as well. We're so proud of you and the work you do. Glad others see your pricelessness as well.

Jen said...

AMEN and AMEN!!! I love you Ter - see I told you that you were good at things - lots and lots of things . So what if you can't sew or teach your kids how to play piano. You are the best at what YOU do and You do the most important things. You're amazing!

Em said...

Terri I'm so glad you posted your work praise on here. I knew you were a good person but I'm glad to hear that you are excellent at your compassionate difficult job. How fantastic is all that? !

Molly Thorne said...

Hey for you. I loved reading about your job and your hard work. It's so nice to be recognized. We love ya bunches at this house.