Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bull in a China Shop


Before






After


Perhaps you have heard of Gabbys bucket list. She gets razzed about it by many its quite large. Once someone asked" Are you dying soon?" she responded "No Im living!" So when her friends took her to the free buck off at the rodio grounds she watched in amazement as young and old rode the bulls or bronks. Then she found out for a mere $15.00 anyone could try. And so it was on the list . We avoided the decision but said we would check it out. So on Monday I let her sign up. When her dad got there and watched he looked at me like I had put his precious china on the back of a snorting 1000 pound china crusher. We watched many a man dodge a bullet by not get stepped on or speared with a horn or even rolled over. Shawn said" I didnt bring my 45 I cant shoot that bull if it tries to hurt my daughter." He was a little sick watching. I told him with uncertain confidence that no one was gonna put a 15 year old girl in that much danger,(but I was nerveous). She walked over to get in the line up, the only girl to ride. They padded her up and out of the shoot she went. I counted 3 seconds start to finish that she was on that bull. But she throws her arms in the air like its a great triumph. I said "Noodle well how do you feel now?" she says"accomplished" Are you kidding me? Accomplished. I take another lesson from a child. I set the bar so high and so far out on the end design I forget about the journey. I want to take one piano lesson one water color class one day of dieting and end it with my arms in the air saying "accomplished!" So here goes This is my 100th blog....accomplished! What a gem of an experience. Gabrielle Geneva you are pure inspiration because your unafraid of persperation. Fear before a difficult situation is being timid, fear and flight during a difficutl situation is called cowardly and fear after a difficult situation is called courage. That was so courageous.


5 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

What an amazing girl!! I wish I had dreams. And then the desire to fulfill them. And then excitement over the results no matter how significant. She's an inspiration!

Amy said...

Holy bull! I cannot. I don't. That wasn't a little cow. Glad that one is off the list. My back hurts just watching it. What's next?

Bonnie Anderson said...

you go girl. you are fearless and brave.

Jen said...

OHHHH Gabber that was fantabulous! I loved that and listening to your Mom laughing in pure joy. I could fill my own mom lump in my throat - the one I get when my heart swells up into my throat because I'm soooo proud.

Em said...

fantastic! Gab you're the bomb.