Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just Trippin

It has been quite a whirl wind of events around here





We have to start with our beloved mini van. It reached 200,000 miles and we celebrated by taking it to the first place we went as a family when it was shiny and new Sonic. We ate treats and watched Aladdin on the awesomest car in towns VCR. Ya its that old and it has supplied us with many trips full of memories. June 1 2010







Then Family Reunion in Island Park and that as I have noted was wonderful.June 3-7 2010




Why we were in 56 degree weather Gabber was in 86 balmy degrees in Hawaii. She is such a pale face her lttle body did not like the blistering sun but her heart now belongs to the men at the Polynesian Cultural Center. She had an exciting trip. June 2-11




Taylor left for the High adventure scout trip to Escelante. He had a lot of hiking and one bad trip that took a toll on his elbow. But the deer that ran out in front of them had a far worse accident that changed his life to post mortem. It was pretty dramatic for the boys as well. June 9-11. Brother Cheetams car is a gonner as well.





Kate spent Friday with me. She wanted to have a trip to the zoo for her final day at home. So in the trickle of rain off we went. We ate some lettuce wraps and shared the day together with the animals. I put on a DI jacket Gabby made me buy just for zoo trips. It takes courage to wear it but I promised. Kate looked at me and said " Can I wear it" Thats so like her.


I learned from Kate to say




" Oh cheese and crackers!" instead of curseing . I learned that bands like Nickle Back sing potty rock because they sound like they are grunting threw the whole song. You can create your own imagery. I also found out that the most deadly animal to humans is the deer. 320 lives a year in car wrecks involving a deer. We got lucky. I had the best time with her at the zoo. June 10 2010

After family dinner we all drove Kate to the airport with her one giant suitcase for 3 months. I bought her some hidious comfortable clothes she picked out at DI to wear at camp. Almost no one should wear shinny Karate pants except Kate. She totally pulls it off and with swagger. We turned Colbie Collett up so they wouldnt hear me crying most of the way there. Apparently I was not alone. Becca has never been away from her twinner more than 2 weeks. She was heart broken . We will all miss her crazy sense of timing and laughter. She landed safely at JFK airport at 7:30 AM. She then got on a bus to take her to camp. She said the humidity is crazy and she sat on a wet seat on the bus. Her initial thought was oh they just cleaned the seats , but she quickly realized from the smell she was now also" pee pants" obviously like the person before her who didnt make it to the bathroom. . Gotta love a New York state of mind. Her new bedroom is now empty and so are spaces in my heart.






That is it for 11 days of trippin. This week is Youth Conference!!




































4 comments:

Unknown said...

You Rowleys are one amazing family. Of the many things I admire about each of you, perhaps the greatest is your ability to live without fear. Your children have certainly picked this up. Here's to new Rowley-ventures!

Jen said...

Tears - OHHH cheese and crackers all the tears! I'm gonna miss her too but I hardly ever see her but I can feel your pain somehow - the pictures helped. I'm sorry she's gonna but she's gonna do so many great things! I love you guys!

Jen said...

that was suppose to say I'm sorry she's gone!

Ging said...

I am so glad that all who embark on adventures in your family return home safely despite deer and sunburns. I am confident that Kate is in the Lord's hands, as she always has been. What a wonderful adventure. Milestones make me cry- apparently we are related.