Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Campin Memorial Weekend 2009

When we sold the house I wanted to buy one indulgent thing. I have looked at tent trailers on KSL.com for months. The Monday before Memorial Day I found one and sent Shawn with the cash to get it. He called and said it was very clean and had a king and queen bed and I thot it was under priced by about $500. So if I hated it we can sale it . Anywho Shawn took it to the Father and Sons camp out that Friday. The first time he hasnt slept in the back of his truck with Tay.

Shawn has class all day Saturday so outtings are sparce. Saturday night we went up the canyon 15 minutes from our house and Ill be darn if their were not camp sites still available on a Memorial Day weekend so we reserved one for after church Sunday. I made tin foil dinners packed a ton of blankets and the mancala game and off we went. Sam had 3 baths after rolling in un savery things , we learned from the Jedi master how to toast a marshmellow. we sang shark attack and I know a weeny man .It rained on us and we were dry. The mountains were green and the birds were singin to each other it was great. Well at least until I said ... " Thats an accident waiting to happen" and it was! Wet wood sharp seraded pocket knife, tons of napkins taped on with duct tape to stop the bleeding and a trip to the ER for stitches. That was a short interruption. It really was fun. I didnt have to cook out in the fire and I was warm for the first time ever camping. Shawn spent a few days on some good pain killers and its goona be a slow heal but hey its another experience for the books. Im excited for our family reunion nothing like being with people you love in a peaceful beautiful place.

5 comments:

JP Anderson said...

FUN! Some might say buying something that depreciates in value in not an investment but in your case I say otherwise. Money can't buy family memories but it can help create them. Good on ya.

JP Anderson said...

ps You might consider bringing the trailer to the family reunion. You could call it the Sanity Sleeper and charge lot of money to use it.

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun. Can't wait!!!

Jen said...

Soooo fun! Please do bring the Sanity Sleeper for nap time! OH YAH!

Em said...

That sounded like a blast. I love overnighters with some hobo dinners & gooey 1/5th eaten bags of marshmellows and dirty socks. Oh and fires and story time. I miss going up Logan Canyon on a whim and car camping. I'm glad you got a trailer, indulge yourselves in the finer things!