Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Friday, July 9, 2010

Noodle on the Lot















So what moves at 5 miles per hour in a church parking lot and confuses neutral for drive?




That would be Gabber on her first driving lesson. She needed 5 full minutes to adjust the seat mirrors and steering wheel. Can I just say with loving kindness that kid is squaty. She is also very careful. We had an 8 year old intruder enter the parking lot on his scooter and she put the car in park until he left the lot. She never hit a curb but would have creamed 3 cars in a not so simulated parking situation. I loved how fresh everything was for her. It was fun just to review the steps of putting a car in gear out loud. My favorite question was " Can I ever put the mirror so I can just look at my hair ?" Not if your car is actually moving Gab! Oh mercy mercy.... Anywho the noodle is pushing her way into adulthood and Im loosing grip on the break. Tomorrow she wants to write a contract and open a savings account so we will let her have a cell phone.

5 comments:

gabby said...

oh mom im not an adult tell im 18

Jen said...

OHHHH no - not her too! CAn everyone stop growing up already! Lov eyou Gabber!

Kelly Hill said...

My girl just finished driver's ed and her road test. Now we wait for her six months to be up and she's a legal driver. Crazy!! I admit I made Kendall be her teacher for quite some time before I got in the car with her. It just felt better.

Good luck to you, Gabby. That's so exciting.

Amy said...

OH Gabber! How exciting. And scary. That's your baby at the wheel Ter. Make it stop.

Unknown said...

It's the beginning of the end. Better get working on your mission papers.