Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Friday, July 3, 2009

America The Beautiful




When I was a teenager I would walk or ride my bike nearly everywhere. The stroll down 27th was particularly sootheing to me. Living in the country offers many well kept images. When I walked to Sheri's house I would sing the words I could remember of this song.
Oh beautiful for spacious skies, For amber waves of grain, For purple mountain majestiesAbove the fruited plain!America! America! God shed His grace on thee,And crown thy good with brotherhoodFrom sea to shining sea!




I really felt the words of that song because my walk was snap shots from the lyrics. The distant mountains in a dimming light were purple the plots of ground were covered in wheat and hay stirring in a breeze and the sky was so clear you could see a giant blanket of blue to the horizon. Iwas certain their was no place more peaceful and lovely as my Burley farm lands. Since then I have seen many beautiful snapshots that make me particularly greatful for the Land I love. I demand my right to purchase strawberry's where the produce is fresh and cheap. I repeat Sabbath Days of personal worship reading my scriptures and listening to the Mormon Tab as loud as I want and where I choose. Im certain that I will educate my children at the Charter school because they do things Im more in agreement with. I go to a job where I can complain in the halls about the bureaucracy I work for. I sleep with my windows open and the securitry of a firearm if I want it. Most days Im not a very greatful steward of my freedom. But on the 4th I am lovingly reminded as my family gathers around a picnic table, and children play in the fresh water of a sprinkler. Im thoughtfully reminded at a patriotic service full of encouragement and praise of this country . Im humbly reminded as I stand at attention and clap for men in uniform carrying a flag. When I go to bed I will prayerfully be reminded of the pleasures of a day in a promised land. I hope you have a wonderful day in a blessed country.

























5 comments:

shawn rowley said...

america is more beautifull becase of you and your testimony of her.

Ging said...

Perfectly put- as usual. Mega Dittos Ter!

JP Anderson said...

Very good! I felt the love I have for this country grow as I read your comments. I like the words to the song that sings, "this is my country". It is founded in such a way that it truly is each individual's country and they can do as much or as little in it as they please.

Sheri said...

Hey this is Sheri- love the photos!!

Sheri said...

You are quite the writer!! I think you are a wonderful friend and I am glad to know you!! Thanks again for spending the day with me, Lori, Jennifer and 2 grandboys!! I had a great time.
SHERI