Things I Appreciate Right This Minute

  • Energetic school teachers
  • A garage free of mice and clutter
  • 82 degrees by day 62 degrees by night
  • Birthday lunch Plans with my sisters mom and maybe my brother(Felicia your on the sister list)? !!!
  • fresh salsa and peach crisp

Friday, January 28, 2011

UVU Homecoming Surprise

Jan 27 , 2011 Texting conversation

Shawn: Want to go to the Basketball game with me. its Homecoming
Terri: I dont know Im sick and I will just be getting done with work.

****Hours Later****
S: I just flunked my Theatre test. I thought I aced it. Im so upset i cant talk about it.
T: It will be ok honey you still want to go to that game.
S: Sure why not (dejected)
****Hours later*****
S: I put my name in for the student drawing again.
T: Cool , Hey look Justins the Home Town Hero tonight. ( Beccas friend)
****Hour later****
UVU to Shawns phone: Your a finalist in the drawing
T: If you win dont be a pickle puss get all excited I hate when people just stand there
****Hour later****
UVU wins 84 to 61 against Chicago State
UVU: Over loud speaker: Shawn Rowley your the winner of the $500.00 Pinnacle prize come on down.
T: Hoot hollar! (Shawn fists in the air high 5's folks in the crowd as he descends the stadium)
****After Game****
Justin autographs Shawns check. A good night for both of them
****Ride Home***
UVU Testing Center: We are sorry the test you took earlier today was keyed wrong you did not get a 58% you have 100% sorry for any inconvenience.

Im thinkin if he hadnt failed the test I might not have wanted to be so cheery and go to the game. Had we not gone to the game well...you get the picture.
Things are always darkest before the Pinnacle Check






6 comments:

Molly Thorne said...

That is sooo awesome. Yeah for him and you. I won tickets to Deaf Leopard once that's about it.

Unknown said...

Your telling of the tale was better than Shawn's Facebook version. How awesome! Congrats all around...


And Molly, I won tickets to a Blind Tiger concert...(I'm so bad - it's Def Leppard...sorry...like I said, bad)

JP Anderson said...

What a great night! Shawn, you're just a winner all around.

Amy said...

Whoot! Whoot! Sounds like a good night!

Em said...

Molly took my first words exactly. That is SO AWESOME!! What a fun story. :)

Kelly Hill said...

I particularly enjoyed your joke, Scott.

And way to go Rowleys!!!